Connecticut man charged in Spring Valley robbery ,suspected in second

SPRING VALLEY — A 43-year-old Connecticut man has been charged with the gunpoint robbery of a village convenience store and is suspected of robbing a deli 12 hours earlier in late November, police said Tuesday.

After an investigation aided by surveillance video, police charged Tony Curtis Hunt with one count of first-degree robbery for stealing close to $1,500 from the N&K Quick Pick at 2 Hickory St., police said.

He’s accused of robbing the Hickory Street store on Nov. 28. Hours later, Hunt is suspected of stealing $1,000 from the Latin Food Mart on South Main Street, Spring Valley Detective Sgt. James Noble said.

Read more at LoHud

Steve Lieberman

Steve Lieberman joined The Journal News as an editor in February 1984 and became a reporter during the spring of 1986. He has covered police, courts and legal issues for more than a decade, after reporting on county, town, village and state governments and general issues. He received more than a dozen state awards for writing and reporting. Born and raised in The Bronx, he has lived in Rockland since 1988.